Learn American English Online
Blue Level Quiz #1a - Making the verb "be" negative (ANSWERS)
Directions: Make each sentence negative using the word "not." Do not use the contraction. (10 points)
1. He is not here today.
2. They are not ready to leave yet.
3. It is not sunny outside.
4. We are not at work today.
5. I am not on the phone.
6. The students are not in the classroom.
7. My friend John is not in his car.
8. You are not in line.
9. These shoes are not on sale.
10. Maria is not in the kitchen.
Directions: Complete each sentence using the verb "be" in the negative. Please use a contraction. (10 points)
1. Sarah isn't a good choice for that job.
2. There aren't any students in the classroom.
3. You aren't at the party yet.
4. He isn't happy with his new computer.
5. I'm not hungry today. (can't contract "am" with "not")
6. The employees aren't on break.
7. The sun isn't out today.
8. There isn't a good movie on TV tonight.
9. You and I aren't at work today.
10. The dog isn't thirsty.
Write the verb "be" in the negative form. (5 points)
Write the verb "be" in the negative form. Contract the subject and the verb "be." (5 points)
Write the verb "be" in the negative form. Contract the verb "be" and "not." (5 points)
Total: 35 points
Your score: __________
Click here for more quizzes.