Blue Level Quiz #12: There + "be" in the present and past tenses (ANSWERS)
Directions: Complete each sentence with "there" and the verb "be" in the present tense (am, is, or are). Some sentences are negative. (10 points)
1. __There___ ____is____ a big test tomorrow.
2. __There___ ____are____ several people waiting in line.
3. __There___ ___isn't____ a good reason for that. (negative)
4. __There___ I ___am_____ in this picture.
5. __There____ you ____are___ in that picture.
6. __There___ she ____is____. She's next to the window.
7. __There___ ___isn't____ any time left in the game. (negative)
8. __There___ ____are___ some children on the swings.
9. __There____ ___isn't____ any food left on the plate. (negative)
10. __There___ they ___are_____. They're over there.
Directions: Complete each question with "there" and the verb "be" in the present tense (am, is, or are). Some questions are negative. (10 points)
1. ____Is____ __there___ anyone home?
2. ___Are___ __there____ any french fries in the bag?
3. ___Is___ ___there___ a good movie on TV tonight?
4. __Aren't____ __there____ any books for us to use? (negative)
5. __Isn't___ ___there___ any paper here? (negative)
6. ___Is____ he __there____? I want to speak with him.
7. ___Is___ ___there___ room for me to sit down?
8. __Am_____ I here or ___there__? Where do I sit?
9. __Aren't____ ___there___ any other movies to watch? (negative)
10. ___Is___ ___there___ a car behind me?
Directions: Complete each sentence with "there" and the verb "be" in the past tense (was or were). Some sentences are negative. (10 points)
1. __There__ ___was___ a car accident just ten minutes ago.
2. __There___ __were____ several people hurt.
3. __There___ __were____ a lot of police at the scene.
4. __There___ ___wasn't___ any news of it on TV. (negative)
5. __There___ I ___was__, watching helplessly.
6. __There___ ___wasn't___ anything anyone could do. (negative)
7. __There___ ___was___ a big party last night.
8. A lot of people ___were__ ____there___.
9. __There___ ____was___ a lot of noise.
10. My friend, Bob, ___was____ ____there___.
Directions: Complete each question with "there" and the verb "be" in the past tense (was or were). Some questions are negative. (10 points)
1. ___Was___ __there___ an alarm? I just heard something.
2. __Were___ __there___ any good clothes at that store?
3. __Was___ ___there____ a fire at that house?
4. __Wasn't__ ___there___ a story about it online? (negative)
5. What kind of vegetables ___were__ ___there___ at the market?
6. How much traffic __was___ ___there___?
7. __Were___ ___there__ any potatoes?
8. __Wasn't___ ____there___ any lettuce? (negative)
9. __Wasn't____ __there____ any gas in the car? (negative)
10. __Were___ __there____ any computers in the classroom?
Click here to return to the Blue Level