The Present Continuous, Passive Voice
S + (be) + being +
This video offers additional help:
1. The book is being read by the boy. (passive
The boy is reading the book. (active voice)
2. Pancakes are being made in the kitchen.
(Who's making them? I don't need to say, but from the picture
you can see it's the man.)
3. Flowers are being grown in this garden. (passive voice)
I'm growing the flowers. (active voice)
4. This man is being kept in prison because he did something
(The state is keeping him in prison)
5. Penguins living in the Antarctic are being threatened by global climate change.
6. She's being hugged by her brother. (passive voice)
Her brother is hugging her. (active voice)
Next: Lesson Eleven