Green Level Quiz #12 - was / were going to + be or get, passive voice
Directions: Complete each statement or question in the passive voice using "was going to be" or "were going to be" + the past participle.
1. His car _______________________________________ if he didn't move it, so he parked it somewhere else. (tow)
2. The students ___________________________________ any more time to finish their work, so they worked faster. (give -- negative)
3. Ralph refused to work for that company if he ____________________________________ to take a drug test. (force)
4. Sandra decided that she ___________________________________________ what to do by anyone. (tell - negative)
5. We ________________________________________________how to use the new software, but the teacher was sick. (show)
6. The game ______________________________________________ in Minneapolis, but there was a problem with the roof. (play)
7. Where __________ the game _____________________________________? (play)
8. _________ he ____________________________________________ with a crime? (charge)
9. __________ the carpets ____________________________________ before the party? (clean)
10. _________ the house _________________________________________before they moved out of it? (renovate -- negative)
Directions: Complete each statement or question in the passive voice using "was going to get " or "were going to get " + the past participle.
1. Stewart thought he _____________________________________________, but the company saved his job. (lay off)
2. The party _________________________________________________ until they found a new place to have it. (cancel)
3. When __________ he ___________________________________________ his teeth ______________? (clean)
4. She thought she ______________________________________________ by that ball, but it just missed her. (hit)
5. I thought the car ____________________________________________ for a lot less money, but I was wrong. (fix)
6. _________ Donna _______________________________her braces __________________ this week? (take off)
7. _________ the store ____________________________________ by the city? (shut down)
8. __________ the apples_______________________________________ this afternoon? (pick -- negative)
9. _________ he _________________________________________for doing all that work? (pay -- negative)
10. ______________ this work __________________________________ a lot sooner? (do -- negative)
Click here for the answers.