What is one of the best ways to learn English online? Do a lot of listening. If you aren't on this website, listen to your
teacher, the radio, TV, video cassettes, audio cassettes--anything
you can get your hands on. Just listen to English as much as you
can stand it and you will learn a lot. Developing good listening skills is the first step in learning any language.
To listen for instruction
in English grammar, click below:
When you listen to the language,
look at the letters and words that match the sounds. This will help
you with reading and pronunciation. Understanding English spelling can help you with pronunciation if you learn the letter combinations that produce certain sounds:
5. Speak - Whenever you have the opportunity,
speak English. This will be hard to do if you don't live in an English-speaking
country; however, the internet provides new opportunities to practice
speaking through chat rooms (which is mostly just text for now) and
through audio-video chat technology, such as is available through an
You can also record your voice using the recorder below, but don't send it to me. Just use it while you are on this website. Here's what you do:
* As soon as you finish listening to something, use the voice recorder to say exactly what I have said.
* Listen to the playback and compare it to my recording.
6. Use the internet - Find one or two or
three different free websites that you can go to daily. Don't pay for
instruction over the internet. Some websites require monthly or yearly
fees and they aren't worth it. This website will always be free.
7. Learn from a teacher - If it's possible you should try
to learn from as many different teachers as possible, but at the very
least find one teacher and learn what you can from that person.
8. Go to LearnAmericanEnglishOnline.com - It's not the best
site on the internet, but I'm always trying to make it better. Click
on the video below for instructions on using this site.
9. Have a goal - You can print out a certificate after you complete all seven levels.