The police were called to the scene of a crime last night. Apparently, there was a burglary committed in a house down the street. Someone broke into the house late at night when the homeowners were gone and stole a lot of things from the homeowners.
None of the neighbors saw who did it. The burglars came and left very quickly. A TV and a computer were stolen. There was also some missing jewelry, and about $500 were taken from inside of a bedroom.
Normally this is a quiet, safe neighborhood but now everyone who lives here is very concerned by what has happened. Some people on the street have decided to get new, stronger locks installed on their doors. Others said the streets need to be patrolled by the police more often to discourage theft.
- 1A: What happened last week?
- 1B: A burglary was _______ in a house down the street.
- 2A: Were the homeowners there at the time?
- 2B: No, the homeowners were ______.
- 3A: Was anything stolen?
- 3B: Yes, a computer and a TV were _______.
- 4A: Was there any money taken?
- 4B: Yes, about _______ were taken.
- 5A: Did the neighbors find out about the burglary?
- 5B: Yes, and they are very __________.
(1. committed; 2. gone; 3. stolen; 4. $500; 5. concerned.)