August 10, 2012 - Word of the Day
You can use the word "finish" to describe the end of a competition or the end of a season:
- How did the team finish its season?
- Who crossed the finish line first? (The word "finish" is used as an adjective in this sentence.)
- What was her time when she finished the race?
It's also common to use the word "finish" for other activities:
- What time does the movie finish?
- Are you finished eating?
- Our company finished the year with a large profit.
- Their marriage is finished.
- They finished off the enemy with a barrage of artillery.
- I always try to finish whatever I start.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.