August 15, 2012 - Word of the Day
The word "nut" is a noun. There are a few different kinds of nuts:
The word "nutty" is an adjective:
- This has a nutty flavor.
- She's kind of a nutty person.
- His job is making him nutty.
The word "nut" is found in some common expressions:
- The store sells everything, from soup to nuts.
- It feels like I got kicked in the nuts. (nuts = testicles. Be careful if you say this. It's kind of vulgar, and only men use it.)
- Aw nuts! (Darn! I'm disappointed.)
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.