July 16, 2012 - Word of the Day
If something is easily broken or made of breakable material, the word "delicate" might be a good choice. Glass, ceramics, and pottery are all delicate. This adjective can also be applied to food, people, music, and situations.
- You have to be careful with that vase. It's very delicate.
- The petals on the flower were so delicate, they fell off when I touched them.
- Ted and Nasra's marriage has created a delicate situation for their families. He's Catholic and she's Muslim.
- This dessert has a soft and delicate flavor.
- You have to be careful with babies. They're very delicate and need to be handled carefully.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.