May 25, 2012 - Word of the Day
Something or someone that goes fast zooms. You can use "zoom" as a verb. It also has a strong onomatopoeic quality. That means the sound of the word is related to its meaning. Zoom. The word itself sounds like something that is moving very fast.
- A car zoomed past our house. It was going too fast.
- The children zoomed around the backyard for a few hours before going inside.
- Roy will only buy cars that go zoom.
- A large bee zoomed past Chloe's ear.
- People who live near a military base often hear fighter planes zooming overhead.
- The profits for Heidi's small business are zooming past what she expected for this month.
The race car driver zoomed past all the others to win the race.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.