September 8, 2012 - Word of the Day
The word "incredible" usually has one of two meanings. It can be something very good or something that is hard to believe.
- Usain Bolt turned in an incredible performance at the Olympic Games in London.
- His speed was incredible.
- The frosting on this cake is incredible. I love it.
- Liam told his wife some incredible story about where he was last night, but she didn't believe him.
- I have an incredible amount of work to do. (There's a lot of work to do.)
- It's incredible how many people come to this website every day. (The number of people who come here is very large.)
The word "incredibly" is the adverb form for this word:
- This cake is incredibly good.
- He's an incredibly fast runner.
- Our flight to Los Angeles was incredibly uncomfortable.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.