A batch is a group of things. This word is most commonly used when making food.
- Vanessa took a batch of cookies out of the oven.
- After she removed the first batch of cookies from the oven, she put in a second batch.
- This recipe makes eight batches.
- Tom is making a batch of cupcakes.
- The brewery makes small batches of beer because it wants to maintain the quality of its product.
- This humus came from a very good batch.
This batch of muffins just came out of the oven.
The word "batch" can be used for things other than food:
- Our office usually receives a large batch of mail during the holidays.
- A new batch of students will graduate from the school in June.
- These two rolls of wallpaper look like they're the same, but they're actually from two different batches. (They were produced at different times, so there are some very tiny but noticeable differences between them.)
- The floor tile that was laid by the installers is all from the same batch.
- A batch file is created by computer programmers who want to duplicate a routine task.
Click here to learn more vocabulary.
Date of publication: January 2, 2017