Choose words and phrases from the choices below to complete each sentence or question:
1. Jose went to a junk yard to ___________ for a door to replace the one that was damaged.
2. If we go to the beach I’m going to have to bring my __________ to protect my eyes.
3. You paid over a $100 for that shirt? What a ___________!
4. George missed all of his classes last week, so it will take a while for him to get __________.
5. That test was a __________. Almost everyone thought it was easy.
6. Billy is proud to call himself a ___________, despite the fact that some poor white people consider that term to be derogatory.
7. Vincent Marshall was a famous actor in the 1970s, but now many people consider him to be all ___________, so he’s given up on his acting career.
8. Todd’s friends said he was a ___________ because he backed out of a fight with another boy in school.
9. Ralph was so tired of hearing his wife ___________ on him he divorced her.
10. Julia likes to __________ when she goes to parties.
11. This restaurant is so drab! It needs some ___________ to liven it up.
12. Investors who think the stock market is about to __________ may pull their money out ahead of a crash.
13. Traffic is all ___________ because of a construction project.
14. Air travelers who are wealthy enough to afford the ___________ lounge at the airport get great service and special treatment.
15. People who started social media companies a decade ago quickly hit ___________.