Directions: Identify only the subject, the direct object, and the indirect object or the object of the preposition in each sentence.
Example: Our teacher gave us some work to do.
subject: _____teacher________ / direct object: ___work_______ / indirect object: ______us_______
1. We sent a package to our relatives in Iowa.
subject: ______We________ / direct object: _____package_________ / object of the preposition: _____relatives_____
2. He told his parents a lie.
subject: _____He__________ / direct object: _______lie___________ / indirect object: ____parents_________
3. Please hand me the remote control for the TV. (The subject is "you" in the imperative form)
subject: _____You________ / direct object: ______control_________ / indirect object: _________me________
4. Tina is making dinner for us.
subject: ______Tina_______ / direct object: _____dinner__________ / object of the preposition: ________us_______
5. Our boss is buying us dinner.
subject: ___boss__________ / direct object: ______dinner_________ / indirect object: ________us__________
6. A movie on TV gave me the chills.
subject: __movie__________ / direct object: ___chills____________ / indirect object: ________me__________
7. Wish me luck.
subject: ___You__________ / direct object: _______luck_________ / indirect object: _________me_________
8. His grandmother sends him five dollars on his birthday every year.
subject: __grandmother____ / direct object: ______dollars_________ / indirect object: ________him_________
9. They tried giving their baby some mashed peas.
subject: ____They________ / direct object: _____peas___________ / indirect object: _______baby__________
10. John paid the bill for us.
subject: _____John_______ / direct object: _______bill__________ / object of the prepostion: ________us___________