In this video, your teacher explains what an appositive is:
In this exercise, you can practice writing appositives into sentences:
Example: Our favorite band is playing tonight. (add "The Mice")
Our favorite band, The Mice, is playing tonight.
1. My neighbor died last week. (add "Joe Rollins")
2. The car was found by the side of the road. (add "a 2012 Chevy Malibu")
3. The man over there is the principal of the school. (add "Dr. Stevens.)
4. They planted their entire garden with Alcea. (add "also known as Hollyhocks.")
1. My neighbor, Joe Rollins, died last week.
2. The car, a 2012 Chevy Malibu, was found by the side of the road.
3. The man over there, Dr. Stevens, is the principal of the school.
4. The planted their entire garden with Alcea, also known as Hollyhocks.