1. Q: Where are the runners?
A: They’re on the track.
A: They’re at the starting line. / They’re on their marks.
2. Q: What are they about to do?
A: They’re about to race.
3. Q: What are the runners wearing?
A: They’re wearing running shoes, shorts, and jerseys.
4. Q: What do you call a person who comes in first?
A: A person who comes in first is the winner.
5. Q: Who provides runners with advice and other forms of assistance?
A: A coach provides runners with advice and help.
6. Q: Have you ever competed in track and field events?
A: Yes, I have. / No, I haven’t.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.