December 10, 2012 – Word of the Day
A parent is a mother or a father. The plural form is parents.
- He’s the parent of a baby girl.
- The parents of the children came to the school to meet the teachers.
- Jill is a single parent of two children. She divorced her husband.
- Following a school bus accident, the parents were notified immediately and told that their children were okay.
- Nick needs to work on his parenting skills. He doesn’t manage his children very well. (This sentence uses "parenting" as an adjective.)
- Parents who have a lot of children also have a lot of expenses.
- Where are the parents of this little boy? He’s wandering around all by himself.
- Are you interested in becoming a parent someday?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.