Word of the Day – August 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. The __________ of rope they needed measured over 100 feet.
2. The workers were so unhappy with their working conditions and salary, they went on __________.
3. Sarah was unable to hide her __________ when she found out that her sister was getting married.
4. Once the kids reached the top of the __________ with their bikes, they coasted down towards the river.
5. Ted tried to __________ his feelings for his girlfriend, but he couldn’t find the words.
6. The police in their riot gear could not ___________ the protestors.
7. Please don’t __________ me for money. It’s so undignified.
8. The teacher read to her students a long __________ from the novel.
9. His hospital stay was over $90,000, but the insurance company will pick up most of the __________.
10. How __________ you like it if someone did that to you?
11. As the man aged, his lean muscular body turned to __________.
12. A large crowd standing outside of the hotel barely caught a __________ of the actress as she walked though the lobby.
13. "Hi, my name is Rosalia and I’ll be your __________ for this evening."
14. The portions of food we received at the restaurant were so small, they didn’t _________ our hunger.
15. Ski resorts north of here are popular places to go on __________.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.