The word "frequent" is an adjective that means a lot or a large number of times.
- Frequent exercise is good for your health. (If you exercise a lot, you’ll be healthy.)
- He is a frequent guest at their home. (He makes a lot of visits to their home.)
- She has a frequent need for help with her math assignments. (She asks for a lot of help.)
- Bill makes frequent phone calls to customers overseas.
The adverb form of this word is "frequently."
- Bill frequently makes phone calls to customers overseas.
- Wild rabbits frequently mate and have a lot of babies.
- Greg and Laura frequently visit this coffee shop.
- How frequently do you drive your car?
- Frequently asking questions in class is a good way to participate in a lesson.
The noun form of this word is "frequency."
- The frequency of new orders has increased to the point where the company needs to add employees.
- The high frequency of visits to the website caused problems with the server.
- The doctor successfully reduced the frequency of seizures in his patient.
Click here to learn more words.
March 13, 2013