The word "cure" (kyoor) is used when a person is saved from an illness through modern or traditional medical practices.
- After receiving treatments for a month in a hospital, David was cured of his disease.
- Scientists are working on a cure for cancer.
- There is no cure for the common cold.
You can use the word "cure" as a noun or a verb. In these sentences, "cure" is a verb:
- A doctor cures people who are sick.
- The medicine cured the man’s illness.
- He was cured by the medicine.
- This treatment will cure you.
- The man was miraculously cured.
He was miraculously cured.
In these sentences, "cure" is a noun:
- Doctors found a cure for the young girl’s disease, and now she’s okay.
- A cure for the illness is being worked on.
- There is no cure for some diseases.
The word "cured" is an adjective:
- The cured patient was grateful to the people who cared for him.
- She’s cured of her sickness.
- People who are cured of the disease are now resistant to it and will never get it again.
The word "curative" is also an adjective:
- The people who live in this area say that this plant has curative powers.
- Curative therapies have been proven successful in treating some diseases.
Click here to learn more words.
December 3, 2014