Word of the Day – July 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. What would you _________ to have for breakfast?
2. Claudia believes her new apartment will perfectly __________ her needs.
3. It’s going to be another hot and __________ day today.
4. Geoffrey’s parents spared no __________ in making sure he got a good education.
5. Go ahead and __________ yourself to more food. There’s plenty.
6. The standard __________ for servers at a restaurant is 15 to 20%.
7. She should just __________ her critics and instead focus on her artwork.
8. Runners who don’t __________ before running risk injury to their legs.
9. Cherries are __________ when they turn bright red.
10. Gabriella wants to __________ a volunteer organization and help her community.
11. What is this yellow button __________?
12. The mother gave her children crackers to __________ on while they were in the car.
13. Charles needs to __________ his wardrobe. His clothes look old.
14. Furniture from Ikea has great __________ for young people because it’s stylish and inexpensive.
15. With very little __________ for his own safety, the soldier saved the lives of his comrades.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.