A paste is a combination of a solid and a liquid. Pastes are found in health products, construction materials, and art supplies.
- Paste is commonly used in elementary schools. Children use paste for gluing things together.
- Paste becomes hard when it dries.
- Bondo is a type of paste that’s used as a filler on cars that are dented. When it dries, it becomes rock hard.
- Spackling is also a type of paste. It’s used for filling in holes in walls.
- When you add water to flour and mix them together, it forms a paste.
- You bruth your teeth with toothpaste.
The word "paste" can also be used as a verb:
- The children pasted the pieces of construction paper together.
- Signs pasted onto walls and buildings around the city provided residents with information about an upcoming election.
The word "pasty" is an adjective:
- Hummus is a pasty mixture of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and olive oil.
Do you need help with the "st" sound? Click here.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on May 4, 2014.