July 20, 2016
A female human being over the age of 18 is a woman. The plural form for this word is "women."
- There’s a woman standing in line. (singular)
- There are two women standing in line. (plural)
- How many women are in your class?
- It’s very possible that the United States is going to elect a woman as President for the first time in history.
- Hillary Clinton has the support of many Republican women.
- Women have made many advancements in business and politics in the last century.
- I know a woman who has made over three million dollars as a business owner.
- A woman’s jacket was left hanging on the back of that chair. (singular and possessive)
- Where is the women’s bathroom? (plural and possessive)
- Women’s shoes are on sale at that store.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.