Word of the Day – June 2017 Quiz #65 – Words that begin with R
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. Some people who immigrate to the United States __________ their decision.
2. The worst time to drive through the city is during _________ hour.
3. JoAnn has to stand on her toes in order to __________ the items on the upper shelf.
4. A shopper should get a full _________ for a purchased item that is defective or broken.
5. Wanda likes her steak cooked medium __________, so that it’s still bloody.
6. I’m sorry. I didn’t __________ you needed help.
7. The teacher called on students at __________ to answer questions regarding the assignment.
8. Passengers on the small plane felt tremendous _________ when their plane landed safely.
9. It’s necessary to __________ your hair thoroughly after using shampoo.
10. Protestors began to _________ when the police showed up to break up the demonstration.
11. Wood exposed to moisture for too long a period of time will begin to __________.
12. We decided not to go boating today because the water was too __________.
13. It’s not easy to __________ five children on a small salary.
14. George took a huge _________ by putting all of his money in the stock market.
15. A cup of coffee and a newspaper are part of Emily’s morning __________.
16. When their small engine failed, Bob and Tom needed to __________ their boat back to shore.
17. A search and _________ effort began shortly after the plane was reported missing.
18. These days young people think it’s fashionable to have a large __________ in their jeans.
19. Charles couldn’t control his _________ at another driver who cut him off on the highway.
20. Risky investing in the stock market led George to financial __________.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. regret; 2. rush; 3. reach; 4. refund; 5. rare; 6. realize; 7. random; 8. relief; 9. rinse; 10. riot; 11. rot; 12. rough; 13. raise; 14. risk; 15. routine; 16. row; 17. rescue; 18. rip; 19. rage; 20. ruin
Click here for a printable version
of this quiz.