Word of the Day – May 2017 Quiz #64 – Words that begin with Q
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. Learning English is neither easy nor __________.
2. Everyone needed to __________ down in order to listen to the announcement.
3. Rhonda felt a little __________ after eating a some undercooked turkey.
4. When you’re at the store, please pick up a __________ of milk.
5. Todd wanted to enter the competition, but he was too slow to __________.
6. Our teacher likes to __________ Shakespeare in order to make a point.
7. __________ doing that! It’s bothering me.
8. People who ___________ authority should be aware of the consequences of doing so.
9. A __________ is twenty-five percent of something.
10. The teacher normally gives students a ten-point __________ every Tuesday.
11. The __________ of the workmanship is evident in this antique chair.
12. The __________ bee is the most important bee in a beehive.
13. Ducks ___________ loudly when they are being fed.
14. The government quickly established a ___________ after the outbreak of disease was detected.
15. The U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization uses a __________ system when deciding how many people can from which country may enter the United States.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. quick; 2. quiet; 3. queasy; 4. quart; 5. qualify; 6. quote; 7. Quit; 8. question; 9. quarter 10. quiz; 11. quality; 12. queen; 13. quack; 14.quarantine; 15. quota
Click here for a printable version
of this quiz.