Word of the Day – February 2018 Quiz #68
Words that begin with the letter V
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. You can’t get into that nightclub without a ___________ form of identification.
2. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a ____________ collection of billions of stars and planets.
3. What is the __________ of a good education?
4. At the farmers’ market, shoppers can find a great ___________ of vegetables and fruit.
5. Martin Luther King Jr. was a strong ____________ for human rights in the United States.
6. One of the criticisms of video games is that they are way too ____________.
7. Most expensive restaurants provide a ___________ service that will park your car for you.
8. We had to take our cat to the __________ because she wasn’t eating her food.
9. A nice apartment in a good neighborhood does not remain ___________ for very long.
10. David could not clearly explain where he was last night He was being very ___________.
11. The final ____________ of your research paper should not have any mistakes in it.
12. Our neighbors have a ____________ dog which everyone is afraid to go near.
13. Guests on the 20th floor of the hotel have a great ___________ of the city.
14. Kevin claims to be a ____________ because he stays up all night and he likes the taste of blood, but we all know he’s just kidding.
15. An exhilarating ___________ for the winning team gave the fans a reason to cheer.
16. A good leader should have a sense of ____________ for the organization he or she leads.
17. In a democracy, each citizen should have a fair opportunity to ____________.
18. The police arrested a ____________ who was breaking windows and mirrors on cars.
19. It is absolutely ____________ for people to have access to a clean supply of water.
20. The magician snapped his fingers and made himself ____________ into thin air.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. valid; 2. vast; 3. value; 4. variety; 5. voice; 6. violent; 7. valet; 8. vet; 9. vacant; 10. vague; 11. version; 12. vicious; 13. view; 14. vampire; 15. Victory; 16. vision; 17. vote; 18. vandal; 19. vital; 20. vanish
Click here for a printable version
of this quiz.