If something is vivid, it’s very bright or easy to see.
- The images on a wide-screen TV are very vivid.
- Sharon likes to wear clothes with vivid colors.
- Neon green is a vivid color.
- Leon has a vivid imagination.
- Children have vivid imaginations.
- The memory I have of when my children were born is very vivid.
- Jerome said he had a dream last night that was very vivid. He can still remember everything that happened in his dream.
He has a very vivid imagination. He actually believes he’s riding a horse.
The word "vividly" is an adverb:
- Jerome can vividly remember the details of a dream he had last night.
- Mary spoke vividly about her trip to Mexico. (She enthusiastically recalled the details of her experience.)
Click here to learn more vocabulary.
September 14, 2018