If something is grungy, it’s dirty or it’s dirty and old.
- The jeans he’s wearing look grungy.
- I need a shower. I feel kind of grungy after working in the garden all morning.
- That old guy looks really grungy.
- He lives in a grungy apartment.
- The neighborhood they live in is kind of grungy.
- My friend, Steve, likes to visit grungy old cities in the midwest.
- The people who hangout at that bar look grungy.
- The club they’re playing at is old and grungy.
Note: The word "grunge" is an adjective for music in the style of Nirvana, Soundgarden, and other post-punk bands that blended heavy metal and punk music in the 1990s.
Click here for more vocabulary.
June 19, 2019