Yellow Level Quiz #6 – Modal Verbs
1. My teacher ________ __________ some cookies to class today. We don’t know yet.
2. You really _________ __________ a doctor about your illness.
3. __________ I ___________ you?
4. After Jeff graduates from college, he ________ definitely ____________ in New York.
5. Tatania ________ __________ the piano really well.
6. We __________ ____________ our taxes before April 15.
7. The weatherman said that it __________ __________ later tonight.
8. You _________ ___________ less meat because it’s not good for your health to eat too much.
9. They _________ probably ___________ good jobs in Minnesota if they decide to move there.
10. __________ you __________ me a favor, please?
Directions: Choose the correct modal verb and main verb to complete each sentence. (5 points)
1. The doctor told me that I ______________ smoking.
A. will like B. should stop C. must try
2. My girlfriend ______________ to the party this weekend because she is scheduled to work.
A. can’t go B. shouldn’t drive C. will go
3. This computer ______________ better if it has more memory.
A. can’t move B. should go C. will work
4. If I don’t stop at a gas station soon, I ____________ out of gas.
A. might run B. can be C. will do
5. The young woman called her boss to tell him that she _____________ late to work this morning.
A. can be B. must be C. will be