Word of the Day – February 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. What’s the __________ for the repair on the car?
2. I’d __________ to help you, but I’m busy right now.
3. After a strong thunderstorm swept through the area, half of the city’s residents were affected by a ___________.
4. The defendant was given a __________ 15-year sentence for his crimes.
5. The __________ waiter spilled soup all over the customer.
6. Shhhh! If you make to much noise, you’ll ___________ away the birds.
7. Whose ___________ of the story do you believe?
8. Ron has a lot of ___________ in his employees. He believes they’ll do a good job.
9. The ruins of this ___________ city tell us a lot about the way people used to live in this part of the world three thousand years ago.
10. Doesn’t she feel any __________ concerning the accident for which she’s responsible?
11. It’s not much __________ to go on a vacation by yourself.
12. You’re going to __________ your car if you don’t keep your eyes on the road.
13. Following a quick __________ in the lake, we all went out to dinner.
14. Denise felt a quick __________ on her line as she was fishing.
15. We lost our __________ after the storm.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save