Word of the Day – January 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. Our neighbors bought a brand ___________ car.
2. A ___________ cut on her arm didn’t require a bandage.
3. Those bright blue and yellow neon colors really ___________ out.
4. A serious ____________ to airline passengers resulted in a delay.
5. The postal ___________ for stamps is expected to go up soon.
6. Ed’s old man* had to spend a night in __________ for public indecency and drunkenness. How embarrassing!
7. White primer provides a good __________ coat before the first coat of paint is applied.
8. We couldn’t get close enough to shake President Obama’s hand at the rally, but at ___________ we got some pictures of him smiling at us.
9. The city won’t __________ us to raise chickens in our backyard.
10. ___________ to moving to Minnesota, Alice and Victor lived in Russia.
11. What’s all this white __________ on my shoulders?
12. You should never ___________ his determination to be successful.
13. They guy who works in this cubicle is really __________. No one really talks to him.
14. What do you __________ doing on your day off?
15. I don’t know what the answer is. Can you give me a ___________?
*old man = father
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.