Word of the Day – October 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. Carla is __________ to find out if she has been accepted by the college she applied to.
2. Someone finally figured out the __________ solution to the problem.
3. __________ up to the top of that hill and tell us what’s on the other side.
4. No one questions Blixa’s talent and __________ as a musician.
5. The professor’s __________ on the subject of economics lasted for over an hour.
6. Benjamin Franklin used a ___________ to conduct experiments on the nature of electricity.
7. An office __________ intended to be funny turned out to be potentially dangerous.
8. Have you ever posted a __________ of yourself on Facebook?
9. An __________ to a large fortune worth over a hundred million dollars is staying at our hotel tonight.
10. If you study English __________ and never miss a day, your language skills should improve.
11. A long-lasting __________ between the two political parties resulted in a disaster for both.
12. A fighter landed a knockout blow squarely on the __________ of his opponent.
13. Members of the community are unhappy with the amount of __________ coming from the airport.
14. Everyone believes that Bob is the right __________ for the job.
15. Roman didn’t want his business to __________, so he worked extra hard to make it succeed.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.