Word of the Day – February 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Wendy’s stomach began to __________ because she had skipped breakfast.
2. The laws of the __________ should not apply in a civilized society.
3. It’s important to properly __________ dough before it’s allowed to rise and then bake.
4. The students made a __________ out of the substitute teacher. It was hard to watch.
5. No one wanted to talk about the __________ in the room, but eventually the subject of money was raised.
6. Unable to __________ the pain of separation from his family, Tim got on a plane and traveled home.
7. Who let the __________ out of the bag? Now everyone knows our secret.
8. All of the women at work say that Thomas is a __________, but he’s married.
9. Let’s not go over this subject again. There’s no sense in beating a dead _________.
10. It’s in her ___________ to ask a lot of questions.
11. She’s __________ curious.
12. A pet is an ___________ that you keep inside your home
13. My grandfather says he won’t use a smart phone because you can’t teach an old __________ new tricks.
14. Ouch! Some kind of __________ just bit me.
15. Spring went out like a __________ last year with all of those snowstorms we had.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save