Word of the Day – November 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Theres’s a __________ in the hose that’s preventing the flow of water.
2. Sheila needs to go to the post office to mail a _________.
3. Pushing the man to the ground was a violent and __________ act.
4. I feel too __________ to go into work today.
5. Do you have good internet __________ where you live?
6. Lenny can no longer __________ as the head of the family business because he’s too old.
7. Turn down your thermostat in the winter to __________ on energy.
8. Rosalina loves strawberry __________ on toast.
9. A government computer network is difficult to __________ into, but some people try.
10. If you don’t keep close track of your checking account, you’ll __________ a check and have to pay a fee.
11. Tomatoes don’t __________ very well in an area that has cool weather in the summer.
12. He’s the leader of the country in __________ __________. The real power lies elsewhere.
13. Racism in the United States really shouldn’t continue to __________, but it does.
14. Bob has to drop off his __________ at the dry cleaners.
15. That’s an interesting __________ for teaching math.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.