Word of the Day – November 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Theres’s a __________ in the hose that’s preventing the flow of water.
2. Sheila needs to go to the post office to mail a _________.
3. Pushing the man to the ground was a violent and __________ act.
4. I feel too __________ to go into work today.
5. Do you have good internet __________ where you live?
6. Lenny can no longer __________ as the head of the family business because he’s too old.
7. Turn down your thermostat in the winter to __________ on energy.
8. Rosalina loves strawberry __________ on toast.
9. A government computer network is difficult to __________ into, but some people try.
10. If you don’t keep close track of your checking account, you’ll __________ a check and have to pay a fee.
11. Tomatoes don’t __________ very well in an area that has cool weather in the summer.
12. He’s the leader of the country in __________ __________. The real power lies elsewhere.
13. Racism in the United States really shouldn’t continue to __________, but it does.
14. Bob has to drop off his __________ at the dry cleaners.
15. That’s an interesting __________ for teaching math.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save