The word "laundry" is used for clothes and other things that need to be washed. Notice that the verb "do" is often used with the word "laundry."
- I have to do my laundry today.
- Sandra does her laundry on the weekend.
- How much laundry do you have to do?
- Most Americans use a washer and a dryer for laundry.
- Do you use a dryer for your clothes, or do you hang them outside to dry?
- Who does the laundry in your family?
Many people in the United States have their own appliances for doing laundry, but there are places of business that provide this service.
- Tina does her laundry at the laundromat.
- Bob pays someone at the laundromat to do his laundry.
- Vanessa is a businesswoman. She takes most of her laundry to the dry cleaners because she often wears suits that need to be dry cleaned.
- Many hotels provide a laundry service, but it’s expensive.
Click here to learn more words.
November 12, 2014