Jacob and Matt are studying English online together. Today they're working on Lesson Eight in the Blue Level. This lesson is about the present continuous tense. Jacob is using the keyboard and Matt is writing down the answers to the questions that they see on the screen.
There are fourteen computers in the classroom, but there are thirty students, so they're sharing the same computer. They like to work together because they're friends.
Jacob is wearing a blue t-shirt today. He's also wearing a watch. Matt is wearing a purple t-shirt. They're both wearing jeans. They like to wear casual clothes to school. It's the way most kids dress for school in the United States.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What are Jacob and Matt doing?
- 1B: They ______ ______________ English.
- 2A: Which lesson are they working on?
- 2B: They are working on _________ _________.
- 3A: How many computers are there in the classroom?
- 3B: ___________ _________fourteen computers.
- 4A: How many students ________ _________?
- 4B: There ____________ thirty students.
- 5A: What color is Jacob's t-shirt?
- 5B: His t-shirt is _____________.
- (answers: 1. are studying; 2. Lesson Eight; 3. There are; 4. are there / are; 5. blue)