Learn American English Online
Blue Level Quiz #3 – Count and Noncount Nouns
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct form of the verb “be.” (10 points)
1. There is some time before the game.
2. There are two people looking at the house.
3. Is there a good movie showing at that theater?
4. Are there any good restaurants near here?
5. Why are there police officers outside that house?
6. There is a hat on the table.
7. Are there enough chairs for everyone?
8. Is there a pillow on the bed?
9. There are seven days in a week.
10. There are ten students in the classroom.
Directions: Complete each sentence with “much” or “many.” (10 points)
1. How much time is there to finish our work today?
2. There aren’t many students in class today.
3. I like her very much.
4. How much money do you have?
5. Are there many cars in the parking lot?
6. You don’t make many mistakes, do you?
7. There isn’t very much tea left in the teapot.
8. She doesn’t like too much meat in the sauce.
9. How many people do you know in your building?
10. There isn’t very much oil left in the world.
Which nouns are count nouns and noncount nouns? List them in each category: (10 points)
water / apple / man / oil / butter / window / cup / pencil / rice / computer / time / friend / money / snow / table
Click here to go the next quiz.