Blue Level Quiz #13: Making questions with the verb “be” in the present tense
Directions: Complete each question with the verb “be” in the present tense (am, is, or are). (10 points)
1. __Are_____ you a student?
2. __Is______ the test today?
3. __Are_____ the students in the classroom?
4. __Am______ I early?
5. ___Is_____ this a good book?
6. __Are______ your hands clean?
7. ___Is_____ Bina at work today?
8. __Are______ we on time?
9. __Are_____ you tired?
10. __Is______ that clock right?
Directions: Complete each question with the verb “be” in the present tense (am, is, or are) after the question word. (10 points)
1. Where ___am_____ I?
2. When ___is______ the movie on?
3. Why ____are______ you here?
4. How ____are______ you?
5. What ____is_____ it?
6. Who ____is______ that?
7. What time ____is_____ it?
8. How many books ____are_____ on the shelf?
9. How much ____is______ the ticket?
10. How cold ____are_____ the drinks?
Directions: Complete each sentence with the verb “be” and the correct pronoun. (10 points)
1. ____Is____ ___she_____ at work today? (a woman)
2. ____Are____ ___they_____ outside? (children)
3. ____Am____ _____I____ online? (first person, singular)
4. ____Is ____ ___it_____ hot outside? (the weather)
5. ____Is____ ___he_____ on the phone? (a man)
6. ____Are_____ ____we_____ ready? (first person, plural)
7. ____Is ____ ___it_____ any fun? (a game)
8. ____Are____ ___they_____ charged yet? (batteries)
9. ____Is _____ _____it____ any good? (a salad)
10. __Are_____ _____you______ angry at me? (a person I talk to)
Directions: Make a question with the verb “be” in the preset tense Use the picture to the right for ideas. Answers will vary. (10 points)
Click here to go to the Blue Level.