1. What are some things that you do to take care of yourself? Consider diet and exercise.
2. Have you ever had to go to the hospital? Why did you go there? (If the reason is too personal, it’s not necessary to explain why you went to the hospital).
3. What makes a good doctor or nurse? Describe the qualities of a good health care worker.
4. In the country that you come from, do people rely on traditional or modern medicine, or is it a combination of both? How is medical treatment in your home country different from medical treatment in the United States?
5. Would you ever like to work in a hospital or a clinic? What are some of the advantages or disadvantages of working in a place where people go to get medical care?
6. What are some things that people can do if they can’t afford to pay for professional medical care?