1. Describe the interior space of your home. How many rooms does it have? How large is it in square feet? Who lives there with you?
2. What’s your favorite room in your home? Why do you like it?
3. How is the furniture arranged in your living room or family room? On the other side of this handout, draw the room and show where everything is: the couch, chairs, tables, windows, doors or passageways, etc. and explain the way everything is laid out.
4. What are some of the differences between a home in the country that you come from and a home in the United States? Your answer should focus on the interior space. Talk about furniture, paint, decorations, curtains, rugs, carpet, floors, etc.
5. What is your favorite piece of furniture? Why is it your favorite?
6. What are some things that you like to do to make your home a nice place to be in?