Email Exercise #1 – Creativity
This is a fill-in-the blank exercise. Print it out or complete online.
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence. All of these words should be used as verbs, infinitives, or gerunds.
1. My mother is teaching me how _________ so that I can alter my own clothes. (infinitive)
2. _____________ a guitar is very relaxing, especially if you know some interesting chords. (gerund)
3. A new ballpark _____________________ for downtown Minneapolis and will be ready by 2010. (present continuous tense– passive voice)
4. Do you know how ____________ any interesting dishes (food) from your country? One of my favorite Chinese dishes is Kung Pao Chicken. (infinitive)
5. She _______________ a picture of a house with a pencil. (present continuous tense)
6. When he was in high school, he _________ Hamlet in a major theatrical production. (past tense)
7. It takes a long time ______________ something that is made from rock because it’s such a hard substance. (infinitive)
8. They __________________ their living room blue and green, but now they don’t like it and want to change the colors. (present perfect tense)
9. Question: What ______ you ______________ for dinner tonight?
10. When you visit a museum, you’ll see many art students __________ sketches of art work. (gerund / present participle)