passive voice + infinitive
Write your answers by hand.
Directions: Change each sentence so that a passive verb is followed by an infinitive. There is more than one way to write these sentences. (Answers are below.)
Example: People believed the world was flat.
It was believed that the world was flat. (or)
The world was believed to be flat.
1. It’s a good book.
2. The restaurant has great food.
3. It’s a dangerous city.
4. Many people believed the plant had medicinal qualities.
5. They believe in elves.
Next: The Green Level Review
or move forward to
1. It’s said to be a good book. (or)
That book is said to be good.
2. It’s said to have great food. (or)
The restaurant is said to have great food.
3. The city is said to be dangerous. (or)
It’s said to be a dangerous city.
4. The plant was believed to have medicinal qualities.
5. They’re said to believe in elves.