Green Level Quiz #16 – causative verbs ANSWERS
Directions: Rewrite each sentence so that it uses the causative verbs get or have. Pay attention to verb tense.
Example: John paid a landscaper to cut his grass. (have) John had his grass cut by a landscaper.
We hired a progessional to paint our house. (get) We got our house painted by a professional.
1. We paid a mechanic to fix our car. (have) We had our car fixed by a mechanic.
2. Binte went to a manicurist who did her nails. (have) Binted had her nails done by a manicurist.
3. Bob hired a handyman to fix his door. (get) Bob got his door fixed by a handyman.
4. The company found a caterer to prepare the food. (have) The company had the food prepared by a caterer.
5. Linda pays an accountant to do her taxes. (have) Linda has her taxes done by an accountant.
6. We should call a plumber to replace the toilet. (get) We should get the toilet replaced by a plumber.
7. They might find a professional to manage this. (have) They might have this managed by a professional.
8. You should go to a doctor to look at that. (get) You should get that looked at by a doctor.
9. Mike will pay a lawyer to review the documents. (have) Mike will have the documents reviewed by a lawyer.
10. Lisa and Tom hired a company to clean their gutters. (get) Lisa and Tom got their gutters cleaned by a company.