Idioms Quiz #1
Click here for a printable PDF
Directions: Choose the correct idiom to complete each sentence.
1. If you don’t know a lot of English, sometimes it’s hard to _______ a conversation at work.
2. Martha was so happy about her new shoes, she tried them on ______ she got home.
3. Geraldo thinks it’s hard to _________ his boss because she doesn’t seem to like him.
4. We have some old rotten food in the refrigerator that we must ________.
5. I was so angry, it felt _________ my head was going to explode.
6. Who _____ all the cereal and then put the empty box back into the cabinet?
7. She’s not ______ sports. Instead she likes art and dance.
8. The protestors were ___________ the meeting when they refused to be quiet.
9. On the weekends, Jane and Raphael like to ______ the city and go to the country.
10. Why can’t you _______ this problem? It’s really not that difficult.
Answers: 1. c; 2. d; 3. b; 4. a; 5. b; 6. a; 7. d; 8. c; 9. b; 10. a