Idioms Quiz #2
Directions: Choose the best idiom to complete each sentence.
1. Hilda was just _______ use the wrong spices in the recipe before she realized her mistake.
2. It’s not easy to ________ original ideas for movies these days.
3. If you don’t study hard now, you’ll ______ a job you’re not happy with later.
4. Elizabeth got so angry with her husband, John, she told him she was leaving him ______.
5. Kids, you can watch TV until 10:30 tonight ________ you finish your homework right now.
6. How did he _______ elementary school and high school without learning how to read?
7. I don’t ________ people who smoke cigarettes. I just don’t like to have to smell it.
8. Leonard should bring his checkbook ______ he decides to buy that table.
9. Christmas is _______, so we should buy a Christmas tree and start decorating our house.
10. Do you still ________ with your family in China now that you’re living in the United States?
Answers: 1. a; 2. d; 3. b; 4. d; 5. a; 6. d; 7. d; 8. b; 9. c; 10. c