Idioms Quiz #3
Directions: Choose the best idiom to complete each sentence.
1. An angry driver wasn’t able to ______, and so he got into a fight with another driver.
2. Monica _____ seeing her boyfriend next week. He went on a two-month trip to India.
3. There’s just one piece of pizza left, so you ______ eat it instead of taking it home.
4. _______ Abdi is late to work, but his boss doesn’t know, so he never gets in trouble.
5. How ______ are you to the the idea of getting a second a job?
6. Alexandra is going to _______ some Chinese food on her way home from work.
7. There were ______ people attending the meeting–about 50 or 60.
8. Driving that SUV feels _______ like driving a truck. It’s really big, slow, and noisy.
9. It’s a good idea to have a dictionary with you while studying English to ______ new words.
10. If you ______ the grocery store, please get some milk and some bread.
Answers: 1. d; 2. c; 3. b; 4. c; 5. a; 6. d; 7. b; 8. a; 9. c; 10. d