Idioms Quiz #4
Directions: Choose the best idiom to complete each sentence.
1. When Tuan arrived at the doctor’s office, he ________ a magazine and read while he waited.
2. Yesterday Dorothy _______ a student she had not seen in several years. What a surprise!
3. How many hours have you worked ______ today?
4. Who’s going to ______ the management of the restaurant when the owner sells it?
5. Our supervisor wants to be _______ on how much money we are currently making.
6. How much you learn from this course is _______ you. It’s your responsibility to study.
7. It’s important to ______ before exercising because your muscles need to be stretched.
8. The waitress cleared away the dishes and _______ the table after the customers left.
9. In many areas of Florida, you can grow fruit _______. The air and the ground never freeze.
10. Kim followed the recipe for fried rice in the cookbook, but it didn’t ______ right.
Answers: 1. b; 2. a; 3. d; 4. c; 5. c; 6. d; 7. a; 8. b; 9. b; 10. d