Idioms Quiz #5
Directions: Choose the best idiom to complete each sentence.
1.When we go camping, the first thing we usually do is to _______ the tent.
2. Does anyone know where our meeting is going to _______?
3. I put a plastic owl in my garden to ______ the animals eating my tomatoes, but it didn’t work.
4. Many of the parts on Fred’s old car are _______, so he’s just going to get a new car.
5. The students were unable to _______ the teacher’s lesson because of some noise outside.
6. ________ I felt sick and had to lie down. It happened very quickly.
7. We’re much _______ now than when we were younger and didn’t have jobs.
8. It was very difficult for Gordon to ______ his family after he was arrested for shoplifting.
9. Concerns about global warming keep _______ at me. We have to do something about it.
10.You have to _______ your assignment because there are too many mistakes in it.
Answers: 1. d; 2. a; 3. b; 4. c; 5. c; 6. b; 7. d; 8. a; 9. c; 10. d