Directions: Find the subject and the main verb in each question. Write the main verb in the simple form, and then write the verb as it used in the question, including helping verbs and negatives.
Do the students have a lot of homework to finish?
subject: ___students___________ / main verb: ___have_______ / verb or verb phrase ____do have __________
1. Is the car in the garage?
subject: _______car___________ / main verb: _____be________ / verb or verb phrase: ________is___________
2. Does Wanda want to see a movie?
subject: ____Wanda___________ / main verb: ___want________ / verb or verb phrase: ____does want________
3. Has the computer been working okay?
subject: ____computer_________ / main verb: _____work______ / verb or verb phrase: ___has been working___
4. How many people did you know at the party?
subject: _____you____________ / main verb: _____know _____ / verb or verb phrase: _______did know______
5. Why haven’t the children been fed yet?
subject: ____children_________ / main verb: _____feed_______ / verb or verb phrase: _____haven’t been fed___
6. Can you ask the woman working in the information booth about the planned events?
subject: ______you__________ / main verb: ______ask ______ / verb or verb phrase: ______can ask__________
7. How will the bills get paid without any money being made?
subject: _____bills__________ / main verb: ____pay ________ / verb or verb phrase: ____will get paid_________
8. When are you going to be able to take a break?
subject: ______you_________ / main verb: ______take______ / verb or verb phrase: _are going to be able to take _
9. Has the table been set yet?
subject: _____table___ _____ / main verb: _____set________ / verb or verb phrase: _____has been set_________
10. When is the pizza being delivered?
subject: _______pizza______ / main verb: ___deliver ______ / verb or verb phrase: ____is being delivered______